January 2015 Monthly Call – Mike Duran-Mitchell presents on NYRP’s Tree Giveaway Retrospective Evaluation
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Time: 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Type: Conference Call
- 11:30am – Introductions, UEC co-chair announcements, UEC business | Discussion about UEC strategies for membership growth and membership dues
- 11:45am – Discussion of the surveymonkey results | Jess and Mike will share the surveymonkey results with everyone, and we will talk about forming small committees to move various pieces of UEC forward more quickly than could be done by the co-chairs alone. So, seriously! Answer the survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FVL5HV7)!
- 12:00pm – Mike Duran-Mitchell presents on NYRP’s Tree Giveaway Retrospective | This will be a slightly modified version of the call we had in October when very few people were in attendance, and it will be used to highlight some collaborative benefits the UEC offers.
- ISA CEUs – future calls/webinars will likely offer ISA CEUs. Co-Chairs will confirm this prior to the call/webinar each month.
- Membership Dues – Organization memberships: $100
- Conference Fees – Organizational: $250/org ($100 membership can be applied towards this; pays for 3 people’s entrance to conference; each additional conference attendee is $50/person) | Individual: $100 | Student: $25 or volunteer service for the UEC
- Committees – We will use surveymonkey results to form the committees. Committees will include: Steering (advise co-chairs), Website Design/Content (responsible for maintenance and updates and generating and soliciting content), Outreach (Jess will focus on bringing universities and grad students into the fold; may be broken into two committees – new members outside of traditional UEC geographic boundaries, new members within traditional UEC boundaries), and Conference (responsible for coordinating the annual conference).
- UEC Collaborations – The survey should also be helpful in organizing some cross-city collaborations. New research: If anyone wants to spearhead a particular collaboration, you can either use the survey results to help construct your team or talk to me or Jess and we’ll help you construct a team. Practitioners: if you are looking to build/pitch a program, please make sure to ask around the UEC, as many of us have already developed materials for common urban forestry programs.
Next Month – we should be continuing next month’s call on the traditional 3rd Wednesday of the month (February 18th) from 11:30am-1:00pm. UEC business will continue to be discussed, and hopefully we’ll be able to announce committee members at that point so that people can know where to go if they have questions. In February, we will likely hear from Earl Eutsler from DC Dept of Transportation’s Urban Forestry Administration about their operations and analytics they use to leverage funds.
Downloadable content for presentation:
From Google Drive – https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGQb-qi3t7OaUxpcWdCVlVIS1E&usp=sharing